Askoll is an Italian company founded 40 years ago that arrived to Coahuila a decade ago and it is dedicated to manufacture pumps for home appliances’ engines, as well as engines for urban mobility.

Daniel Plascencia Morales, general manager of the plant located in the Amistad Industrial Park, in Ramos Arizpe, explained what Askoll works on and the plans they have for the future.

“Askoll is an innovative company that offers solutions to customers through the manufacturing of electric engines providing solution to different areas such as home appliances, aquariums and electric mobility,” he said.

He said that currently in Coahuila there are 150 workers operating and the product manufactured in larger volumes is intended to the home appliances industry.

“The star products we have in Coahuila are circulation pumps for dishwashers which have as an objective reducing water and electricity consumption,” he explained.

An essential part of being located in Ramos Arizpe, is the proximity with the United States, one of its main markets, since from the total of its products, 90 % is exported to the US, while the rest remains in Mexico.

“90 % of our products are of exportation and go to customers such as Whirlpool, General Electric, Electrolux and Bosch in the United States, while the remaining 10 % goes to the national market MABE,” Plascencia noted.

In addition of the recognition constantly granted by customers, Askoll has the ISO-9001 certification Version 2015, aiming to also have ISO-14000, while in sustainability terms, Askoll is concern of the environment since the elaboration of its products.

“Everything is intended to improve the environment, pumps are manufactured to have a less waste of water and electricity, and electric engines already assembled in scooters and bicycles attach the weather problems in the future, following the trend of electric mobility because we would like to be part of the solution,” he said.

“We do not generate any kind of waste or garbage, on the contrary, our products are designed to be reused, in plastics, the steel, copper, aluminum and ferrite,” said the plant general manager.


Askoll Mexico is planning to slowly expand its operations, until producing engines for bicycles and scooters that address the American market in a future, but that is only one of the objectives settled.

“The short term challenge is to be competitive in price and service with our current customers.  We have to take the competitive advantage of our location and offer products with better prices and services.  In a medium term we want to develop suppliers locally to have higher stability in our competitiveness regarding costs and in a long term is to continue developing innovative products that will continue providing the performance required by our customers which is less electricity expenses, water expenses, and less noise,” he said.

“Definitively, 2019 will be the year the expansion will begin because we will be starting with a new customer where we will increase our volume 2 million engines, this means, we are currently producing about 6 million pumps a year to make 8 or 9 million electric engines.”

“In the long term, talking about 2021 or 2022 we would like to start the manufacturing of mobility electrical engines, which are bicycles and electric scooters for the North American market,” said the directive.


One of the highest assets Askoll Mexico has is its people, since according to Daniel Plascencia that was one of the reasons that led its directives to make the decision of settling in the southeast region of Coahuila.

“The people working with high performance in Coahuila are the ones that encouraged us to settle in this region.  There is a high level of education in people and there is a base in the universities that serves us as source to remain innovating,” Plascencia ended.